Friday, July 15, 2011
The Renegade features foglamps, fancy wheels, wicked black and red interior, chrome fuel filler cap and obligatory Renegade hood decal. I like the hood power bulge and bull bar as well.
Nice tribute the the venerable Renegade name.
The Jeep Wrangler Pork Chop vehicle was introduced at the 2011 Jeep Easter Week in Moab, Utah. This sketch by Kyle Evans was used to help guide the design process. Interesting name - I like the vertical stripe - kind of reminds me of the 1971 Hurst Jeepster.
Mopar engineers cut the fat and lost nearly 850 pounds by dropping the doors, liftgate and bumpers. The Pork Chop name comes from this major trimming of JK.
The hood weighs a measly 8 pounds thanks to the carbon fiber and aluminum mashup. Who needs carpet - certainly not Pork Chop!
Interior designers gave the nod to the sporty Sparco Chrono Road bucket seats.
Off-Road Features Include:
* Custom roll cage
* Aluminum cold air intake
* Long-tube headers leading to a dual-exhaust with integrated H-pipe
* Bilstein two-inch shock setup
* TeraFlex air bumps
* 35-inch Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radials
* 17X8 E-T Vintage V wheels
* Dynatrac ProRock 44 front and rear axles with 4.88 gears
* ARB air lockers
* Aluminum differential covers
Now where's the applesauce?